Monday, October 13, 2008

Rivers of Sorrow; Life is Too Short

Our family is at the moment in grief. My Uncle, who has been undergoing dialysis treatment, died yesterday morning from cardiac arrest. He is the elder brother of my mother. Losing a relative, a family member, or a friend is always painful. Incidentally, the day my uncle passed away was also the first death anniversary of my aunt who died of "demonic" cancer.
When I lost my father in 2003, my heart was broken into pieces. I was a shattered soul. The memories of him leaving us for good still brings back a pang of pain. When he left, I have simply altered my perceptions on death. Life just does not end because my heart is tattered. There's always a reason to move on.
Many of us are afraid of dying but it's the only one thing we could not escape from. We will all die and it's inevitable. We should always battle the fear of death as we all are sojourners.
Life is too short. Some takes this adage to heart and lives a life of too much drinking and worldly merrymaking. For me, life is too short that we should make the most out of it. Life shouldn't be spent on reckless abandon. Life is full of opportunites to explore, discover, invent, be real and honest, and to live as we must live, by choice, by our own gifts and abilities.
As I go through the daily struggles that life brings me, I only take this verse from the Bible as my guide:
"Young people, enjoy your youth. Be happy while you are still young. Do what you want to do, and follow your heart's desire. But remember that GOD is going to judge you for whatever you do". (Esslesiastes 11:9, TEV).

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin