Thursday, July 16, 2009

EntreCard Bought Off by Zip Runner, Inc.

It has been a week since I have posted my Adios post in this blog. Not too many people know the reason behind that post but I will be blogging about it soon.

I announced my "unexpected" come back at Lainy's Musings. Just when I was trying to make up for lost time, keeping up with dropping cards and reading stuffs, I've learned that Entrecard was bought off.

Below is Graham Langdon's Adios post in toto at EntreCard blog:

Dear Entrecarders,

It is with great excitement that I announce Entrecard.com, Inc. has been Acquired by ZipRunner Inc.ZipRunner has the resources, vision, and dedication to Entrecard that will allow it to grow in pursuit of the vision I laid out nearly two
years ago.

Moving forward, my relationship to Entrecard will be that of an advisor, and I will help the good folks at ZipRunner take the whole project to the next level.

ZipRunner Inc. was chosen out of a number of potential suitors because of the resources they can dedicate to the project, their exciting vision for the company’s future, and their understanding of social media and the blogosphere. I urge you all to look forward to a bigger, better Entrecard, and I couldn’t be more proud to bring it to this point before passing the torch. I’ve heard first hand all the great things that are in store for the company and it’s members, and needless to say it has me quite excited.

If you would like to keep in touch with me in the future, you can find me at my new blog Ontrapranore.com where I look forward to sharing my stories of entrepreneurship and starting/running internet
companies.

Whether you love or hate the decisions I’ve made for Entrecard in the past, I always did the best I could to move the company forward given the resources I had, and I always had the best interest of the members in mind. Now, with new management and ownership stepping in, I urge anyone who has left the service to give it another chance, and I urge those who have been loyal members for days, weeks, months, or years to look forward to a brighter future, a reliable and stable service, and great new features and strategic direction.

Graham Langdon
Founder of Entrecard

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin