Life takes us on a roller coaster ride of emotions, up and down and all around. The twist and turns...
How happy and joyful the ride for 2009 was! But it also has its moments of sadness and sorrows.
Handling life's difficulties is always a challenge and also a very interesting time to realize one's strengths and abilities.
The problems we hurdle in our day to day existence is definitely a test of character. It is in that manner that we grow and mature as individuals. Life belongs to those who go until they run into something that they haven't encountered before and learn how to beat it. The people who can handle life's curve-balls the best are the ones who will likely succeed the most.
In pondering about this, I have learned a few things which I would like to share:
- Good things come to those that wait. My personal experience about waiting is something that can't beat anyone's imagination. My Prince and I are turning 3 a few days from now. Yet, we both believe that "patience is a virtue and that it requires a lot of waiting." We are taking it one day at a time. Of course, things always seem to take more time than we realize but we are both enjoying the process. The realization that we are building both something valuable and our knowledge for the future keeps us holding on tight to what we have.
- Everything is an opportunity. Life is what we make it. Some are blinded in making the right choices. More often, opportunities are in disguise but life's challenges makes one a better person to contend with! This reminds me of the adage: "The greater the sacrifice, the sweeter the prize"!
- Problems will always arise yet nearly everything has a solution. Some thinks that they are in the dark and it seems that solution to every problem is not possible. The lack of desire to solve a problem is not the way to beat it. There is always a first time for everything. But everything is learned. Knowledge and experience is everywhere, we just need to look for it.
- Don't let your emotions get in the way in making the right choices. Whatever is holding you back, learn to let go of your emotions. Set yourself free from any grudges, ill-feelings and sufferings. Learn to let go. No regrets, only lessons!
- Life is short. It is too short to be wasted on crap. We should focus our energies on something valuable and worthwhile. Something that will make us better persons, better individuals.
The year that was indeed was filled with so much learnings. Each day is a different thrill. Some personal expectations have been met career-wise. I have failed on the health category though. But it isn't enough reason for me to give up. I am even more willful and determined for a healthier me in 2010! I can't expect things to go right every time. Bad things happen. But without the bitter experiences, the sweet wouldn't taste so good!
FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS,
MAY YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR!