Saturday, January 23, 2010

Belated Happy Birthday, Tita!

For two years, my mother's elder sister (Ate in Filipino), has been celebrating her birthday with us. But again, just like my younger brother's birthday, we just decided to dine out.

My Aunt is a teacher by profession. And yes! Just like most teachers, she's a spinster. So on her birthday four days ago, she was basically alone. My mother invited her via SMS to celebrate her birthday with us. Our treat :-)

We certainly had a blast! We feasted on the sumptuous delicacies on the table. And yes! I lost control of myself and completely forgotten my diet. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

We took quite a handful of photos at the restaurant. That was a promise I've made to my Prince before leaving for dinner. And true enough, there were so many shots to show off!









Just like most Ate's, my Aunt took care of her younger sisters especially my mother. My mother was the youngest of eleven siblings. Their mother died when she was just two years old. So her Ate was left with no choice but to look after her.


Pretty Mama with her Ate


My Aunt finished school when she's a little older because there were so many things to attend to in their family. She had to put off school because her father couldn't afford it. Her elder sisters and herself needed to save up enough for school fees before she could enroll. All of them had to help each other so that they could have a degree and get a good job thereafter.

I admire my Aunt for all the sacrifices she's made for her sisters. She's known to be a mother to the youngest sister of all- my own mother. On her birthday, I wish her all the best. She may be blessed with good health, longer life, serenity, and God's loving grace.

Note: When we got home that night, I was so taken aback when it was announced at the WBE Blog that I was the third inductee to the 2010 Class of WBE Blog of Fame...

What a fun night that was!


View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin