Friday, January 4, 2008

Always A Bridesmaid, Never A Bride



I came across one idiom definition of the title of this entry. It says: " If someone is always a bridesmaid, never a bride, they never manage to fulfill their ambition- they get close, but never manage the recognition, etc, they crave."
Well, as I understand it, being a bridesmaid is eventually to achieve the status of becoming a bride herself. It occurred to me that I have been asked to be a bridesmaid in a number of my friend's weddings but I have never been the blushing bride yet. I never wondered why coz i never worried much about it. I believe that we have our own timing, and my time hasn't come yet.
Yes. I would want to walk the aisle too and finally say "I DO" with the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. The one whom I couldn't live without; the one who will best build up with me a loving relationship and peaceful home based on the willingness to give to each other; the one who will enhance my faith and make my relationship to God stronger than ever; and the one who will be there for me "To have and to hald, in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, from this day forward, till death do us part." Oh, how I long to utter those words! I know it will come in God's time. I am not worried at all. God is always with me and He won't fail me. He truly knows what are the desires of my heart and that my motives are honest.
For now, I enjoy the moments with the people around me - my friends, relatives, and especially my family. I recall my Prince always urging me to go out with some friends and my family coz he said I will be away from them very soon. I need to savor the moment now coz when I marry, my place would only be with my husband.

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin