Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Prayer

Everyone of us dreamed of having a wonderful relationship. A successful marriage. I am no different. For almost three years I have been boyfriendless but it doesn't mean I was loveless (naks!). Yeah, it's true. I am full of love but it took me a long time to find my one true love. But everything is all worth the wait.
Going back, I had always asked God in prayer for a man that will sweep me off my feet. And he is no ordinary man coz you see, he should be God-fearing. Well, all of that I could sum up in one poem by Ruth Bell. This prayer was all that I have asked the Lord a long time ago. And true enough, as my Prince would tell me: "God always takes care of His faithful children!."


“DEAR GOD”, I prayed all unafraid
“I do not want a handsome man-
But let him be like Thee.

“I do not want one big and strong,
Nor one so very tall,
Nor need he be some genius,
Or wealthy, Lord, at all.

“But let his head be high, dear God,
And let his eyes be clear,
His shoulders straight, whatever his state,
Whatever his earthly sphere.

“And let his face have CHARACTER,
A ruggedness of soul,
And his whole life show, dear God,
A singleness of goal.

“And when he comes, as he will come,
With quiet eyes aglow- I understand he is the man
I prayed for long ago!”.

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin