Sunday, March 30, 2008

PBA Smart Fiesta Conference 2008 Opens Today

I have always been a big basketball fanatic. I always make it a point that I am updated with the latest news and updates in this sport- team standings, schedule of games, player statistics, etc.

Today, March 29, the Philippine Basketball Association's (PBA) SMART Fiesta Conference 2008 kicks off at Panabo City, Davao del Norte with Coca-Cola Tigers and Talk 'N Text squaring off in road game for the first win this conference. The 2 teams will be parading their respective imports. All ten (10) teams are allowed to acquire one non-FIlipino (import) of unlimited height as reinforcement. The worst two performers in the elimination round of the previous conference, The Coca-Cola Tigers and the Welcoat Dragons, will also be allowed to acquire another import but with a height limit of 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m).
I will be off from blogging 6:30PM- 9:00PM tomorrow because the opening ceremonies for this conference will be featuring my team at the Araneta Coliseum. They will be going up against Red Bull Barako. I hope the Barangay Ginebra Kings will fare very well this conference minus Mark Macapagal :-( They had Rahshon Turner sign up to reinforce the team. The 6-foot-7-center will boost Ginebra's frontline that includes former MVP Eric Menk, Rafi Reevis, Billy Mamaril and Victor Pablo. The 2007 Filipino Conference was a major disappointment for the team because they weren't spared from injuries. They weren't able to defend their crown because Mark Caguioa and Eric Menk were hounded by injuries and missed a number of games. To make matters worst, Rudy Hatfield decided not to renew his contract with the team due to some personal reasons.
It’s funny to think how a mere basketball game could immensely affect one’s emotion. True, I love watching the sport especially so when my fave team is on the run. You just don’t know how happy I am when my team wins. It’s like you wanna throw out a real big party! And how heart breaking it is when they lose. I admit that it’s the only show I prefer to watch if you would let me choose one though I am also trying to enjoy watching other shows apart from watching basketball. Right! You could say I am a fanatic, a proud Ginebra fan at that, hehe. I always have erratic heartbeats whenever I watch their games without a single miss, huh! I am one of the million Ginebra-fans who keeps cheering and egging them on to always keep that never-say-die spirit.
Last year, I got the chance to meet some of the Gin's star players. It was fun, promise, hehehehe. The stars came down just to take some pose with ordinary people like us.
Here's some proofs, wink!

With Billy Mamaril



With Ronald "The Fearless" Tubid

With Jay Jay "The Fast" Helterbrand

With Eric Menk (OK lang kahit di sya nakatingin sa cam, hehe)

Si Johnny "The Flying A" Abarrientos yan! (Smile pa rin kahit malabo, hahaha!)

Ginebra- Red Bull:

Quarter Scores: 25-27, 47-41, 69-63, 82-89 (loser, huhuhu!)

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin