Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Celtics-Lakers Rivalry is Back!

I have never thought that it will be a Celtics-Lakers Championship. I have been rooting for Detroit Pistons all the way but I have now accepted that the Celtics earned a more deserved victory.
Game 1 for the 2008 NBA Championships is scheduled on June 5 with the star-studded Boston Celtics gaining the homecourt advantage. As the saying goes: "History repeats itself." Remember Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and Kareem Abdul Jabaar? These personalities came from Celtics-Lakers rivalry in the 1980's. I was still a toddler then and hardly understood basketball but my love for the sport made me understand the game, the players with its past and present
This time around, new players have honed their skills to be in the NBA Finals. It will be the 12th time that Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers will be squaring off for an NBA Championship. Celtics-Lakers Championships in the past had been a tradition. It's like having a deja vu with the teams facing each other again for the most coveted NBA title.
TOUGH MATCH UPS
L.A. Lakers have already made a randown of position-by-position match ups. In my opinion, the most exciting match ups to watch are between Lamar Odom VS. Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant VS. Ray Allen. These players have all the agility, skills and capability to step up and carry their team to win the championship.
MY TAKE
I think this is going to be a very exciting best-of-seven championship. My take? Well, I will go for the team that will play with pure intensity and aggressiveness. The team who will come out to play big time in the basketball court not with big numbers but more importantly with their big hearts, is certainly deserving of an NBA title.

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin