Friday, October 10, 2008

The EntreCard Bug

It has been about 4 days since the dropping of cards has become a real pain in the a**. In the previous days, I still managed to drop cards up to the maximum for my 3 blogs (900) and a few for my fourth blog. I only drop from my inbox. But today, I can hardly open my drop inbox. I keep getting the following messages:
Serious Error:
We have a bug in our software, an automatic report has been sent to our developers and more whips are being applied as we speak. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Entrecard application server failed

The server that does the complicated work has not responded in time, this could be due to load, due to an upgrade happening, or something else even weirder. An alert should have been triggered to the admins so they're no doubt trying to deal with it right now, we recommend trying again in 10 minutes.

If I've missed to reciprocate your drops, I am sorry. The problem is not with me. I always drop 300 cards everyday, without fail. I hope the EntreCard bug that is being experienced fora couple of days now can be fixed in the soonest possible time. My day is not complete without having completed my drops for the day. I hope everything will return to normal soon so that I can satisfy my addiction ;-)

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin