Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Family in Mourning

It was in the afternoon of October 11, Thursday, when I received my mother's SMS telling me that my Tita, who was battling cancer for many years, passed away. Though we knew it was coming. it still came as a shock to me. I felt the loss and my mind drifted to her immediate family. She left 2 lovely daughters, Darlene (15) and Chin-Chin (11), and her loving husband, Tito Nestor. It was a big loss for all of us.


October 13, Saturday, my mother and I took off for Lupon, Davao Oriental. It was a long travel given that we have no car of our own. It took us almost 9 hours before we reached the place! I was too tired and I felt soreness in my back for sitting in the bus almost the entire day. I feel a little relieved when My Prince sent me SMS asking if everything was ok and that he wants to give his love to me and my family.

My Tita's family (sisters and brother of my mother) were there to share with the grief of my cousins and Tito. All of us mourned for losing a very good mother, wonderful wife, a very kind sister, and a great Tita to all her nephews and nieces.

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin