Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Beauty from Within

"Beauty should not come from outward adornment such as braided hair and the wearing of fine clothes and gold jewelry. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight". (I Peter 3:4)
The passage above is one of my most favorite quotes from the Bible. I even memorize it by heart. Indeed, physical appearance is but skin deep. We should invest more our time and money in achieving to become worthy in God's sight by becoming more beautiful from within. But I can also see nothing wrong if we strive to become outwardly beautiful as long as we make good use of it primarily for His pleasure.
That's when I saw the absolute advantage in taking good care of our skin. I am not too conscious on how I look but lately I am observing some beauty regimens. But mine wouldn't beat that of my mother's own regimen. She is at the prime of her life but she has always been on the look out for new
skin care products. She would always try every new product that she thinks would make her look extra beautiful. I just do not know what particular product worked well for her because there's just too many to mention, haha! Well, as long as she keep her skin looking young and beautiful as always, I can see no problem with that. I just hope she could find a partner soon, hehe!
Anyways, I could live without any beauty "do's" and "dont's". Looking beautiful in HIS eyes is more important to me more than anything else. So long as I live up to what has been written in the abomentioned passage, I think I will be keeping that beauty from within ;-)

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin