Saturday, April 25, 2009

Looking Out for Another Dentist

I am scheduled to have my teeth cleaned for the second half of this year. However, I am currently suffering from tooth abscess. I don't exactly know why the previous treatment given to me by my own dentist did not work. I had a very bad experience with this dentist. A few years back, she diagnosed me to have one impacted tooth and there was a need for me to undergo a minor surgery. I took a leave from work for one week. I was willing to go through the process of the minor operation just to have the impacted tooth removed. 

Mind you! She diagnosed me without taking any X-RAY of the tooth in question. When I was there lying down on the patient's chair, anaesthesia injected, and she was trying hard looking for the tooth, she couldn't find it anymore! And she was able to slice a portion of where she thought the tooth was; just to find out that it wasn't there! 

GOSH! 

Then she advised me to go to another dentist for the X-ray! With all the bleeding, another dentist found out that there really wasn't any impacted tooth at all in the first place! 

I haven't really learned my lesson. I went to the same dentist with my current tooth problem. But one friend advised me to go look for another dentist and have my tooth X-rayed first before deciding to go any further. I am contemplating on doing just that. 

I wonder if Plano Dentist is available here in the Philippines. I don't want to pursue my trip for the Mindanao Goodwill Games 2009 having a toothache. I know it will make my life hell. 

Well, I will take some time out to have my tooth checked before the scheduled trip on May 7. It is very necessary. 

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin