Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tete-a-Tete with MamaLira

There were several occasions in the past when I wrote I am down and sick, et cetera, et cetera. I hate to hit the publish button and tell the world I am at it again. sigh! Did I just say it? LOL! 

It is a little hard to keep myself  healthy and it is so when I push myself too hard. Doing things which were extremely way out of my comfort zone had zapped me off of all my zest and energy. It slowly took its toll on me.


I hate being sick. But looking at how I did things a couple of months back, I was just like:


"Hey, I was able to make it?!!!"
With all that being said, there's one thing that I so look forward to despite the heavy work schedule. Blogpal Mama Lira of Tasteful Voyage was to set foot again in no less than her own hometown where she was born and bred. Incidentally, I came from the same place too... :-) Isn't that more than a coincidence and wonderful?


Being blogpals, we shared a lot of things in common especially in doing moolah out of our respective blogs, hehe. With her short stint in the Philippines, I was a little doubtful if she could ever share a little of her time with me. Understandably, ten (10) days with family and relatives is never sufficient.


I was happy to admit I was wrong. Mama Lira took the time and the effort (despite the heavy rains) to meet me along with a newbie blogger with excellent writing skills, Gemma Massey, who blogs from Living the Beautiful LifeGemma was a high school classmate and a college school mate (we both came from the same university but enrolled in different majors- she took up AB English while I majored in Political Science). Both Gemma and Mama Lira got acquainted at Facebook before they've even met. See how powerful social networking sites can be?

Mama Lira, Gemma, & Yours Truly
Prior to meeting Mama Lira, I've mentioned to Windy how giddy I was with the sheer anticipation of seeing her in the flesh. When the day finally took place, I made a phone call to Windy and informed him I was with Lira and then handed over the phone to her. Lira is junior to me by five years or more and Windy had this quick repartee...
"OMG! Why did she ever called herself Mama Lira?"
You'll get to understand it, Windy IF you get to be a mother one day, hahahaha!


You must be dead curious what were the topics discussed in our very short tete-a-tete . Well, your guess is as good as mine ;-)

Mama Lira is a very simple lady. What she is at the blog is a persona of a genuine personality- no pretensions, not superficial. I am aware that the limited time spent with her is not enough to build such a strong bonding but she has created that strong impression and impact on me.


Building rapport and camaraderie at the blogs is so imaginary and often unreal. But when one gets to meet and to talk with the other person,  face to face, it makes online relationships hit a natural realism and enhances the relationship.

View blog reactions
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin